You've heard that homemade Chow Mein is just as tasty as the one you find in your preferred Chinese restaurant. But how do you make this vegetable-loaded noodle meal? We have highlighted the delicious and simple Chow Mein recipe of this tasty dish. Are you looking for a store to source the required ingredients or get more Chow Mein dinner ideas? We’ve got your back at Guate Direct!
Delicious And Simple Chow Mein Recipe
- Preparation- The first step is to prepare the Chow Mein noodles. Make sure to follow the instructions that you can find on the label. After preparation, set it aside.
- Chow Mein Sauce- While you are boiling the noodles, get your Chow Mein sauce ready. You can customize the sauce you choose to your taste. Whisk till they are well blended. Then set aside.
- Vegetables- Get your vegetables ready and set them aside.
- Cooking- When it’s time to cook, heat your cooking oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Pour in ginger and minced garlic and stir the mixture for a minimum of 10 seconds. After that, pour the white parts of the mushrooms, sliced celery, and scallions, into the skillet. Cook and stir till the vegetables become tender for a minimum of 2 minutes. Then, pour in the chopped bok choy and leave till it becomes wilted. That should take about 1 minute.
- Final Part- Pour in your sauce mixture and your noodles. Stir all for a minimum of sixty seconds, till everything is well coated. Take off the skillet and pour the green scallions in. Serve right away!
Chow Mein Ingredients
- Chow Mein Sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp mirin cooking wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Chow Mein
- 1 ounce Chow Mein noodles
- 3 cups bok choy
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 5 pounds shiitake mushrooms
- 3 scallions
- Optional Additions- These could be chopped beef, bean sprouts, cabbage, bamboo shoots, carrots, green onion, water chestnuts, and shrimp.
Customizing The Recipe
There is one liberty you have with this Chow Mein recipe: You can customize your Chow Mein! If you are willing to make original steamed Chow Mein, go with celery, garlic, onions or scallions, and ginger. You could also add carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts, or bok choy. Other ingredients that’ll make a perfect addition are snap peas, squash, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bell peppers, or baby corn. In addition, you can add more protein to make the dish healthier. If you are a fan of saucy noodles, we recommend you double the sauce recipe. It’s normal for the noodles to soak up the sauce, so it’s best to play around with the ratio till you get it right.
Do you need ingredients like bamboo shoots, soy sauce, and Cantonese Chow Mein noodles to make this delicious and simple Chow Mein recipe? Contact us at Guate Direct. If you also need more dinner recipes, we’re here for you!